The South African Civil Aviation Authority has introduced a “28 DAY VALIDATION OF FOREIGN PILOTS LICENCES FOR PRIVATE DAY VFR FLYING I RECREATIONAL FLYING (PART 61, 62, 68 AND 69).
All competitors are encouraged to take advantage of this relaxed requirement.
Requirements for application:
- Submit request 60 days prior to arrival, to afford enough time to verify licence with country of issue.
- Letter confirming date of arrival and departure and details of aircraft to be used.
- Receive a briefing covering local radio procedures, Air Law aspects, airspaces and density altitude.
- Carry out a Competency Check with a Gr I, Gr II Flight instructor or DFE.
- Certified copies of (a) valid foreign licence, (b) valid foreign medical, (c) valid passport.
- Certified copies of logbook (last three pages – inclusive of competency check endorsement).
- Application fee as per Part 187. (R 480,00) (TBC)
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM
THIS INCLUDES GUIDELINES ON EACH DOCUMENT REQUIRED